Job Title: Video Commissioner, Dazed
Reporting to: Executive Editorial Director, Managing Editor and Head of Content
We are looking for a Video Commissioner to develop, source and deliver video content and contributors for branded, partnership and editorial projects. You will work as a creative touchpoint and intermediary between brands/partners and filmmakers/creatives/ production companies.
Responsibilities and deliverables:
- Develop, commission and oversee the delivery of both editorial and branded projects equally across all platforms;
- Work as part of the Dazed teams to develop commissioned and branded concepts and formats and bring stories to life.
- Production and / or directing skills desirable, but a strong narrative sensibility and creative development skills with which to execute ideas are vital;
- Develop ideas for commissioned and branded work in collaboration with Editor-in-Chief, Executive Editorial Director and Head of Content;
- Alongside them, be the creative liaison with bands and partners, ensuring projects are delivered to brief
- Refine creative direction of commissioned and branded film treatments;
- Brief creators, assigning them to specific stories across commissions and branded, managing brief and deadlines.
- Collaborate with the social media team to ensure that all projects have requisite visuals for site and social platforms use accordingly
- Solicit contributions from high profile filmmakers and other talents for Dazed Media
- In partnership with relevant internal or external teams, develop content strategies around each piece, to include identifying content platforms where pieces can be seeded;
- Collaborating with the relevant internal and external teams on release and social strategies;
- Define and monitor quality standards and outputs of commissioned contributors including edit reviews and note giving;
- Act as an advocate for Dazed, communicating our work externally to filmmakers, industry and audience alike, bringing in new talent, new films and new branded opportunities.
- Liaise on all matters with the Head of Content and Managing Editor.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent creative flair with the ability to predict forthcoming moods, trends, themes;
- Knowledge of the Dazed archive, brand and output;
- Ability to grow and maintain strong and viable relationships with all contributors;
- Ability to grow and maintain a solid network of relevant contacts;
- Manage contributors to ensure delivery against timelines and requirements;
- Creative thinker with the ability to develop the full potential from projects and to take advantage of new developments;
- Combine a creative, innovative approach with commercial awareness;
- Self starter with the ability to work proactively under minimal supervision and guidance;
- Organised and focused with an attention to detail;
- Strong team player;
- Excellent interpersonal skills - being able to quickly establish effective relationships at all levels (internal and external) with impact and strength;
- Good understanding of how to engage with an online audience and trends in online media.
At Dazed Media we promote a working environment in which diversity is recognised, valued and encouraged. We acknowledge the multicultural and diverse nature of the UK workforce and society in general. We are committed to principles of fairness and mutual respect. We particularly welcome applicants from those who are significantly underrepresented in our sector.
To Apply please click here