Job Title: Studio Editor
Reporting to: Creative Director
Dazed Media is the world’s leading independent fashion and culture media brand.
Thirty years ago Jefferson Hack and Rankin Waddell set up a magazine that would become a movement: Dazed & Confused. The title became a lightning rod for cultural provocation – radically reframing international style culture. Today, we are an agenda-setting publishing powerhouse and the most efficient way to reach the world’s most influential audiences.
Dazed Media powers an ever-evolving network of premium digital channels and iconic print titles including Dazed and AnOther.
The company also encompasses a pioneering creative studio, award-winning video production, exclusive events, industry-leading talent network and efficient third-party distribution. Dazed Studio specialises in fashion, luxury and lifestyle communications. We partner with the world’s most ambitious brands and agencies to create brave, pioneering ideas for a global influencer community.
Select clients: Alexander McQueen, Apple, Beats by Dre, Belstaff, Burberry, Chanel, Channel 4, Converse, Diesel, Google, Gucci, Liberty, LVMH, Mercedes-Benz, Miu, Miu, Nike, Ray-Ban, Samsung, Sonos, Swarovski, YouTube Music.
Dazed Media is looking for an experienced digitally focused editor to join it’s studio and branded content teams to oversee commercial content across our titles; Dazed, AnOther, AnOther Man and Nowness. The Studio Editor will be responsible for the ideation, creation and delivery of quality online/social media content to fulfil sponsored and branded commercial campaigns across our brands as well as white label content for our clients and Dazed internal projects.
Duties, Responsibilities & Deliverables
- Work with commercial and editorial teams to devise content strategies for creative, successful campaigns
- Both lead and collaborate on pitches, coming up with concepts and activations, writing up pitch decks and presenting to clients where appropriate
- Interpret briefs and write or commission writers
- Edit/write copy to brief, while maintaining Dazed Medias top editorial standards and tone.
- Build and produce digital content while using best practices for SEO and social media
- Oversee the content journey from pitch to publish, ensuring quality output along the way
- Ideate for and oversee creation of social content for branded campaigns
- Be the conduit between commercial and editorial, ensuring both editorial rigor and commercial success, and using the resources available to you across the business to deliver content that resonates with both our audiences and clients
- Be on top of trends, products and innovations that could improve our content strategy and widen our delivery scope
Desired Skills & Experience
- The right candidate will have extensive digital editorial experience – including writing commissioning, editing and ideation. They will be skilled at working with a 360, crossplatform approach. They will be able to work collaboratively and be comfortable leading content strategy. They will be excited by digital trends and the opportunity to dive into a fast-paced, quickly growing area of the business. They will have:
- Have strong writing and editing skills, experience of pitching and writing pitch decks, as well as commissioning and overseeing other writers
- A strong network of freelance writers, talent, and experts
- Be a true subject matter expert in the area of lifestyle content - and a have a willingness to communicate and share that knowledge effectively
- Be able to pinpoint what makes a successful branded content campaign
- Ideally, have commercial or branded content experience, e.g. copywriting/client management skills and experience of delivering successful projects from pitch to publish
- Have excellent organisational and communication skills
- Have no shortage of creative ideas for innovative content solutions
- Be comfortable attending meetings with clients and creative agencies
- Have experience working to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Have strong digital experience, comfortable writing and editing for the web and building content in a CMS
- Have a strong knowledge of SEO and social media strategy
- Have experience using Google Analytics and analysing content performance
- Have strong communication and influencing skills, excellent time management skills and the ability to work collaboratively with internal stakeholders
- Know how to adapt content strategies across multiple platforms, including print, video, Snapchat Discover, Facebook, Instagram, FB Live, YouTube and digital articles
These duties and responsibilities are indicative and not exhaustive but serve to give a realistic overview of the role and requirements. The company reserves the right to change this role description in response to the changing needs of the business.
At Dazed Media we promote a working environment in which diversity is recognised, valued and encouraged. We acknowledge the multicultural and diverse nature of the UK workforce and society in general. We are committed to principles of fairness and mutual respect. We particularly welcome applicants from those who are significantly underrepresented in our sector.
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with "Studio Editor" at the title stating your notice period/availability and salary expectations.