Job Title: Strategist
Reporting to: Strategy Director
Dazed Media is the world’s leading independent fashion and culture media brand.
Thirty years ago Jefferson Hack and Rankin Waddell set up a magazine that would become a movement: Dazed & Confused. The title became a lightning rod for cultural provocation – radically reframing international style culture. Today, we are an agenda-setting publishing powerhouse and the most efficient way to reach the world’s most influential audiences.
Dazed Media powers an ever-evolving network of premium digital channels and iconic print titles including Dazed and AnOther.
The company also encompasses a pioneering creative studio, award-winning video production, exclusive events, industry-leading talent network and efficient third-party distribution. Dazed Studio specialises in fashion, luxury and lifestyle communications. We partner with the world’s most ambitious brands and agencies to create brave, pioneering ideas for a global influencer community.
Select clients: Alexander McQueen, Apple, Beats by Dre, Belstaff, Burberry, Chanel, Channel 4, Converse, Diesel, Google, Gucci, Liberty, LVMH, Mercedes-Benz, Miu, Miu, Nike, Ray-Ban, Samsung, Sonos, Swarovski, YouTube Music.
The Studio team brings the creative, editorial, design and production capabilities of Dazed Media to clients. Dazed Media Studio work with a multitude of brands across all sectors building and delivering bespoke offering from advertorials and microsites to events, video productions, seeding and activation of content, contract publishing and creative consultancy. Aligned with our studio and editorial teams, you will inform a wide range of bespoke commercial projects ensuring successful editorial-led responses across Dazed Media
Duties, Responsibilities & Deliverables
- Partner with project management and sales lead to respond to proactive & reactive advertising sales opportunities for all Dazed Media platform and publications and corresponding social channels.
- Support the strategy director with research and strategy projects, both internally and externally to help deliver business and creative strategies.
- Develop white label strategies for live projects and pitches and ensure pitches are rooted in insight and have a clear strategic narrative.
- Working in collaboration with the studio creative team and across the business, to lead brainstorm and proposal ideation in pre-sale phase and for digital content strategy for proposals.
- Package high quality proposals and presentations that deliver multi-platform client focused media solutions that leverage promotional and activation concepts, social, and sponsorship opportunities for clients of across fashion, lifestyle and technology.
- Develop and craft proposal presentations that accurately deliver program opportunities with a compelling strategic marketing approach.
- Come up with native content story ideas that integrate client’s objectives, brand strategy and products while still servicing the audience and overall tone of voice.
- Partner with data and insights team to deliver content strategy rooted and informed by proprietary data, best in class solutions and innovation led ideas (formats, content types, technology etc.)
- Work interdepartmentally across editorial branded content, planning teams to craft business sound and strategic program packages.
- Work with the sales team to interrogate opportunities when there is not a clear or reasonable brief.
- Act as an ambassador for Dazed Studio
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience of heavy pitching, leading and collaborating on pitch decks and presenting to client where necessary, working with speed and efficiency
- Experience working in a creative environment, ideally studio or agency, and preferably within an editorial platform
- Strong research and analytical skills (qual and quant), able to collate, process and translate data into clear insights and actions
- Solid network of experts, talent and industry resources
- Experience of working on reports, inc research, sourcing experts and talent, conducting interviews, creating surveys and collating and processing data, and writing up
- Able to work under pressure and at a fast pace, juggling multiple projects and priorities
- An inquisitive and curious mind, genuine interest in culture, art, music, fashion and politics
These duties and responsibilities are indicative and not exhaustive but serve to give a realistic overview of the role and requirements. The company reserves the right to change this role description in response to the changing needs of the business.
At Dazed Media we promote a working environment in which diversity is recognised, valued and encouraged. We acknowledge the multicultural and diverse nature of the UK workforce and society in general. We are committed to principles of fairness and mutual respect. We particularly welcome applicants from those who are significantly underrepresented in our sector.
To apply please email email@example.com with "Strategist" at the title stating your notice period/availability and salary expectations.