Strategic Business Development Director
Job Title: Strategic Business Development Director
Line Manager: Global Exec Commercial Director
Dazed Media is the world’s leading independent fashion and culture media brand.Twenty-five years ago, Jefferson Hack and Rankin Waddell set up a magazine that would become a movement: Dazed & Confused. The title became a lightning rod for cultural provocation – radically reframing international style culture. Today, we are an agenda-setting publishing powerhouse and the most efficient way to reach the world’s most influential audiences.
Dazed Media powers an ever-evolving network of premium digital channels and iconic print titles including Dazed, AnOther. Nowness and AnOther World.
The company also encompasses a pioneering creative studio, award-winning video production, exclusive events, industry-leading talent network and efficient third-party distribution. Dazed Media Studio specialises in fashion, luxury and lifestyle communications. We partner with the world’s most ambitious brands and agencies to create brave, pioneering ideas for a global influencer community.
Select clients: Alexander McQueen, Apple, Beats by Dre, Belstaff, Burberry, Chanel, Channel 4, Converse, Diesel, Gucci, Liberty, LVMH, Mercedes-Benz, Miu, Miu, Nike, Ray-Ban, Samsung, Tiffany & Co, Swarovski, Versace
About the role
Dazed Media has very deep connections with clients and brands. Over the years Dazed Studio- the agency division of Dazed Media has grown exponentially with clients requiring more bespoke solutions for their branding and marketing needs.
Clients and brands come to Dazed to access real time editorial insights, content creation, a lens on trends and talent which is unique to the youth culture and fashion.
We are looking for a new business development and marketing savvy individual to work with both existing and new clients to develop the best bespoke solutions for them which can then be shaped with Dazed Studio creatively.
Duties, responsibilities & deliverables:
- Understand the client landscape and Dazed USPs to be able to speak proficiently to brands to define bespoke marketing and creative solutions
- Lead and orchestrate new business pitches with Dazed Studio for new business and existing clients
- Be a key partner to Dazed Studio namely, project directors, creative services director, creative director, strategy director
- Work with key stakeholders in Dazed Studio to form a pitch team
- Develop new strategic categories such as Technology, Automotive and Drinks
- Understand the relationship between creativity and commerce and be sensitive to the way sales and selling has changed over the past few years ie to more of a new business development mindset
- Be responsible for an annual target of revenue and OKR achievement
- Be able to work with clients and creative teams to translate and brief the client need to our teams
- Understand the media landscape and audience insights Dazed has access to to inform the conversations with clients when extracting a brief
- Comfortable working within matrix structure
- Challenge the status quo
- Be a skilled communicator, negotiator and diplomat!
- Present new business enquiries to senior stakeholders to allow you to jointly qualify the opportunity and decide which ones are taken forward
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience in creative/ partnership monetisation, marketing strategy and developing commercial partnerships
- Rounded and inspirational commercial leader, significant experience of agency/marketing business development
- Innovative in outlook to use future trends to define current strategy.
- Senior level marketing/creative contacts within the industry
- Results oriented with the ability to focus on short, medium, and long term.
These duties and responsibilities are indicative and not exhaustive but serve to give a realistic overview of the role and requirements. The company reserves the right to change this role description in response to the changing needs of the business.
At Dazed Media we promote a working environment in which diversity is recognised, valued and encouraged. We acknowledge the multicultural and diverse nature of the UK workforce and society in general. We are committed to principles of fairness and mutual respect. We particularly welcome applicants from those who are significantly underrepresented in our sector.
What we offer....
- 20 days holiday each year as standard + bank holidays & 3 days over Christmas additional to this
- Flexible working policy
- Your birthday off
- Extra days annual leave for each year of service - up to 5
- Contributory pension scheme
- Enhanced family leave benefits
- Personal development scheme
- Company discounts including gyms, popular retailers & hotels
- Company paid subscription to Medicash - contributing and sometimes covering costs of health & wellbeing services
- Cycle to work scheme
- Ongoing social events throughout the year and frequent invites to external Dazed events
- A newly refurbished office in an incredible location with exhibitions, bars and restaurants on site
- 1 volunteer day each year
- Moving days for moving home
- A chance to join our internal Diversity & Inclusion Committee to driveand be part of change within the business
Date Posted: 1st April 2022