People & Talent Coordinator (3 month fixed term)
Job Title: People & Talent Coordinator (3 Month Fixed Term)
Department: HR & Operations
Reporting to: Head of People
Dazed Media is the world’s leading independent fashion and culture media brand. Thirty years ago Jefferson Hack and Rankin Waddell set up a magazine that would become a movement: Dazed & Confused. The title became a lightning rod for cultural provocation – radically reframing international style culture. Today, we are an agenda-setting publishing powerhouse and the most efficient way to reach the world’s most influential audiences. Dazed Media powers an ever-evolving network of premium digital channels and iconic print titles including Dazed and AnOther. The company also encompasses a pioneering creative studio, award-winning video production, exclusive events, industry-leading talent network and efficient third-party distribution. Dazed Studio specialises in fashion, luxury and lifestyle communications. We partner with the world’s most ambitious brands and agencies to create brave, pioneering ideas for a global influencer community. Select clients: Alexander McQueen, Apple, Beats by Dre, Belstaff, Burberry, Chanel, Channel 4, Converse, Diesel, Google, Gucci, Liberty, LVMH, Mercedes-Benz, Miu, Miu, Nike, Ray-Ban, Samsung, Sonos, Swarovski, YouTube Music.
To assist the Head of People and the Office Manager with coordinating People activity across the business, from recruitment to all aspects of the employee lifecycle. Also assisting with the administration of freelancer contracts and IR35 compliance.
Duties, Responsibilities & Deliverables
- Administration of employee-related paperwork, such as employment contracts, changes to terms and conditions and appraisal administration
- Right to work and reference checks.
- Maintaining the Personnel files and keeping records up to date
- Ensuring changes are made on the PeopleHR system and reflected in the monthly payroll sheet
- Manage the onboarding process from contracts to organising equipment to coordinating their first week.
- Exploring the PeopleHR system and advising on how the business can use it efficiently.
- Freelancer contracts and completing status determinations when appropriate.
- Keep records of freelancers and when their contracts are due to end.
- Support the Head of People with project work such as D&I, policy changes and People initiatives
- Seeing through the recruitment process from approval to hire to offer and onboarding
- Using the applicant tracking system to advertise jobs internally and externally
- Assisting hiring managers with shortlisting candidates
- Carrying out initial telephone interviews
- Assessing shortlists to ensure there are no obvious biases towards any characteristics
- Facilitate and coordinate candidate interviews, when necessary
- Manage the recruiter relationships when using external recruitment resources
- Chase hiring managers for updates and to ensure candidates aren’t waiting too long for feedback
Desired Skills & Experience
- Previous experience within a People/HR team
- Experience coordinating recruitment activities
- Knowledge and understanding of IR35
- Working towards CIPD accreditation
- An interest in creative industry
These duties and responsibilities are indicative and not exhaustive but serve to give a realistic overview of the role and requirements. The company reserves the right to change this role description in response to the changing needs of the business.
At Dazed Media we promote a working environment in which diversity is recognised, valued and encouraged. We acknowledge the multicultural and diverse nature of the UK workforce and society in general. We are committed to principles of fairness and mutual respect. We particularly welcome applicants from those who are significantly underrepresented in our sector.