Office Coordinator & PA
Job Title: Office Coordinator & PA
Reporting to: Operations Manager
This is an exciting role for the right candidate to be part of a new era at Dazed. The Office Coordinator & PA will work closely with the Operations Manager to ensure a smooth running of Dazed Space and internal logistics. This is a position for someone highly organised and charismatic, who is comfortable juggling multiple tasks at once and would feel at ease liaising with a high level of talent on behalf of company executives. This person would require experience managing a busy office space and also feel comfortable managing diaries, scheduling meetings, speaking to brands & pr’s, arranging travel, and helping with personal finance management.
The successful candidate will be passionate about Dazed and our role in culture.
Duties, Responsibilities & Deliverables - Office
- Assist senior executives with diary management and scheduling
- Prepping meeting spaces for client meetings, training workshops & large group visits
- Maintaining communal office spaces, ensuring they’re kept tidy and organised at all times.
- Responsible for bookings for meeting rooms, couriers, international shipments and taxis.
- Arrange magazine send outs with staff and circulation manager.
- Help to organise internal events - birthdays, leaving drinks etc.
- Liaise with contractors regarding anything office related.
- Pro-actively work to make the working environment the best it can be - delivering new and inventive ideas on how to the office experience and culture
- Responsible for overseeing operational budgets and monitor with the finance team
Duties, Responsibilities & Deliverables - PA
- Help assist with prioritisation of workload and ability to filter requests.
- Show ability to work on extensive diary management - coordinating the daily schedule of internal and external business and personal meetings, commitments and calls across multiple time zones
- Liaising with executive / c-suite level industry professionals on a daily basis with professionalism and discretion
- Ability to liaise with talent and contact of all levels
- Ability to work in a creatively driven fast paced environment.
- Global travel management - booking transport and accommodation and preparing all necessary travel documents including visas and itineraries
- Help with preparation for all meetings and calls – providing any requested documentation, booking meeting rooms and confirming all attendees
- Management of seasonal fashion week schedule - including liaising with brands & PR’s for ticket requests
- Acting as first point of contact for a wide range of clients, visitors and friends
- Managing speaking commitments and interview requests
- Monitoring and managing business and personal financials – including purchases, expenses, invoicing and budgets
- Personal life management – including finance support, family holidays and general maintenance of London and country homes
- Supporting on ad hoc freelance projects where necessary
Desired Skills & Experience
- Ability to work cross departmentally with Dazed stakeholders and Execs
- Excellent telephone manner and ability to quickly build a rapport with guests and colleagues.
- A friendly and approachable attitude with an interest in fashion, music or arts.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate across all levels, building strong working relationships.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently under pressure handling multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Excellent prioritisation and organisational skills.
- Flexible approach and drive to use your own initiative.
- Confidence to effectively work with some of the world’s leading creatives including writers, photographers, stylists, designers
- Keep abreast of fashion and culture events of interest to Dazed readers; extensive knowledge of the cultural calendar
These duties and responsibilities are indicative and not exhaustive but serve to give a realistic overview of the role and requirements. The company reserves the right to change this role description in response to the changing needs of the business.
At Dazed Media we promote a working environment in which diversity is recognised, valued and encouraged. We acknowledge the multicultural and diverse nature of the UK workforce and society in general. We are committed to principles of fairness and mutual respect. We particularly welcome applicants from those who are significantly underrepresented in our sector.
Job posted: 7th December 2021