Mid-weight Digital/UX Designer
Job Title: Mid-weight Digital/UX Designer
Reporting to: Head of Digital and Audience
Dazed Media is the world’s leading independent fashion and culture media brand.
Thirty years ago Jefferson Hack and Rankin Waddell set up a magazine that would become a movement: Dazed & Confused. The title became a lightning rod for cultural provocation – radically reframing international style culture. Today, we are an agenda-setting publishing powerhouse and the most efficient way to reach the world’s most influential audiences.
Dazed Media powers an ever-evolving network of premium digital channels and iconic print titles including Dazed and AnOther.
The company also encompasses a pioneering creative studio, award-winning video production, exclusive events, industry-leading talent network and efficient third-party distribution. Dazed Studio specialises in fashion, luxury and lifestyle communications. We partner with the world’s most ambitious brands and agencies to create brave, pioneering ideas for a global influencer community.
Select clients: Alexander McQueen, Apple, Beats by Dre, Belstaff, Burberry, Chanel, Channel 4, Converse, Diesel, Google, Gucci, Liberty, LVMH, Mercedes-Benz, Miu, Miu, Nike, Ray-Ban, Samsung, Sonos, Swarovski, YouTube Music.
Dazed Media is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic mid-weight digital/UX designer to join our hardworking digital development team in London. This role is responsible for the look and feel of all Dazed Media’s website, social, subscriber and event visuals, as well as working closely with Dazed Media’s Studio team to deliver digitally innovative responses to client briefs and co-branded projects. The ideal candidate will be organised, meticulous and have a passion for digital media, with the ability to balance both creative, UX and performance goals to deliver the best possible product to clients and internal stakeholders. Reporting to the head of digital and audience, this role works closely with Dazed Media’s digital development team to craft creative yet functional site designs to be deployed across our portfolio and is also responsible for managing the workflow of Dazed Media’s junior digital media designer.
Duties, Responsibilities & Deliverables
- Lead the look-and-feel for digital touch points, assets, and artwork across all channels, including site, social, subscriber, and event visuals
- Self-manage multiple cross-departmental projects at once, including the workflow and responsibilities of a Junior Digital Media Designer
- Work collaboratively on all digital design briefs from across the company including Dazed Studio, plus the digital, social and editorial teams
- Work with the digital development team, including front and back end developers, to create site designs that are visually led, dynamic and ensure positive user experience across Dazed Media’s portfolio
- Brainstorm and execute new, exciting ways to showcase editorial and commercial vision through compelling images, dynamic assets and motion graphics
- Challenge briefs to achieve best practice, resulting in better digital performance, improved UX and conversion for clients
- Work collaboratively with Dazed’s print team, including Dazed’s print art director, to push the company-wide branding and visual identity objectives forward
Desired Skills & Experience
- Expert knowledge of digitally-focused design and digital media formats
- 5+ years of experience working on fast-paced design projects with a strong portfolio covering multiple channels; digital advertising, website design, UX/UI design, social (organic and paid), eCRM
- Degree in graphic design or related field preferred
- Extensive knowledge with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with digital design and prototyping software such as Sketch, Figma or Adobe XD
- Experience working with developers and ability to produce detailed responsive digital designs to be built
- Experience leading on design projects and managing other designers desired
- Adobe After Effects and motion graphics experience desired
- Basic knowledge of CSS and HTML a plus
- A clean eye for design and desire to stay on-trend within the online publishing industry
- Ability to take on and balance multiple streams of constructive feedback to accomplish overall department objectives
These duties and responsibilities are indicative and not exhaustive but serve to give a realistic overview of the role and requirements. The company reserves the right to change this role description in response to the changing needs of the business.
At Dazed Media we promote a working environment in which diversity is recognised, valued and encouraged. We acknowledge the multicultural and diverse nature of the UK workforce and society in general. We are committed to principles of fairness and mutual respect. We particularly welcome applicants from those who are significantly underrepresented in our sector.