Front End Developer
Job Title: Front End Developer
Department: Dazed Digital
Reporting to: Head of Tech
Location: 180 Strand, London, WC2R 1EA
Terms: Fulltime, Monday to Friday, 10am – 6.30pm, two days a week in office.
Dazed Media is the world’s leading independent fashion and culture media brand. Twenty-five years ago, Jefferson Hack and Rankin Waddell set up a magazine that would become a movement: Dazed & Confused. The title became a lightning rod for cultural provocation – radically reframing international style culture. Today, we are an agenda-setting publishing powerhouse and the most efficient way to reach the world’s most influential audiences.
Dazed Media powers an ever-evolving network of premium digital channels and iconic print titles including Dazed, AnOther, Dazed Beauty and Nowness.
The company also encompasses a pioneering creative studio, award-winning video production, exclusive events, industry-leading talent network and efficient third-party distribution. Dazed Studio specialises in fashion, luxury and lifestyle communications. We partner with the world’s most ambitious brands and agencies to create brave, pioneering ideas for a global influencer community.
We’re looking for a Front End Developer with a minimum of two years of experience to join our Tech team and create premium content & storytelling for our audiences.
We are looking for a resourceful team player, with great problem solving skills, who is passionate about technology and publishing innovation, and thrives on using the latest technologies in a startup type culture.
You’ll believe in creating high quality work, and taking a simple and maintainable approach over a complex one. You define success as having a working product in production.
Desired skills & experience
- SCSS / CSS / Webpack or other processors
- Experience working in a .Net / Windows environment (not Mac)
- Gitflow branching, merging
- Responsive layouts, mobile first
- CMS-driven website builds
- Modern publishing components such as CMP, DMP, Ad Technology integration
- Knowledge of various browser capabilities (Chrome, FF, Safari, IE, iOS browsers) and writing graceful fallback code
- Authoring markup for a range of email clients
- Ability to come up with innovative solutions to complicated problems
- Write testable functionality
- A desire to produce high quality work
- Able to work on your own or paired
- Good communication skills with ability to work in a fast-paced creative environment
Bonus skills & experience
- MS Visual Studio (not just MS Visual Studio Code)
- Writing HTML in cshtml and razor files in an MVC architecture
- Integration testing frameworks such as Selenium, Puppeteer, Cypress, any others
- SirTrevor.js, Underscore.js, Backbone.js, CasperJS, greensock
These duties and responsibilities are indicative and not exhaustive but serve to give a realistic overview of the role and requirements. The company reserves the right to change this role description in response to the changing needs of the business.
At Dazed Media we promote a working environment in which diversity is recognised, valued and encouraged. We acknowledge the multicultural and diverse nature of the UK workforce and society in general. We are committed to principles of fairness and mutual respect. We particularly welcome applicants from those who are significantly underrepresented in our sector.
What we offer
- 20 days holiday each year as standard + bank holidays & 3 days over Christmas additional to this
- Flexible working policy
- Your birthday off
- Extra days annual leave for each year of service - up to 5
- Contributory pension scheme
- Enhanced family leave benefits
- Personal development scheme
- Company discounts including gyms, popular retailers & hotels
- Company paid subscription to Medicash - contributing and sometimes covering costs of health & wellbeing services
- Cycle to work scheme
- Ongoing social events throughout the year and frequent invites to external Dazed events
- A newly refurbished office in an incredible location with exhibitions, bars and restaurants on site
- 1 volunteer day each year
- Moving days for moving home
- A chance to join our internal Diversity & Inclusion Committee to drive and be part of change within the business
Job Posted: 22nd April 2022