Front End Developer
Dazed Group is the world’s most influential independent fashion & culture media group and with Revolution, our in-house publishing platform we are developing a unified platform that can power the creation of premium content & storytelling, melding brand advertising, to deliver that content to our rapidly growing audience.
We are looking for a resourceful team-player, with great problem-solving skills, who is passionate about technology and publishing innovation, and thrives on using the latest technologies in a startup type culture.
You’ll believe in creating high-quality work, taking a simple and maintainable approach over a complex one. You define success as having a working product in production.
Reporting to: Head of Tech, Dazed
Location: Arundel Street, West London.
Terms: Full-time, Monday to Friday, 10am – 6.30pm
Skills, experience & personal attributes
- Experienced Front End Developer
- SCSS / CSS
- Experience working in a .Net / Windows environment (not Mac)
- Gitflow branching, merging
- General understanding of CD / CI
- Responsive layouts, mobile first
- CMS driven website builds
- Modern publishing components such as CMP, DMP, Ad Technology integration
- Knowledge of various browser capabilities (Chrome, FF, Safari, IE, iOS browsers) and writing graceful fallback code
- Authoring markup for a range of email clients
- Ability to come up with innovative solutions to complicated problems
- Write testable functionality
- A desire to produce high quality work
- Able to work on your own or paired
- Good communication skills with ability to work in a fast-paced creative environment
Bonus Skills & Experience
- MS Visual Studio (not just MS Visual Studio Code)
- Writing HTML in cshtml and razor files in an MVC architecture
- Integration testing frameworks such as Selenium, Puppeteer, Cypress, any others
- SirTrevor.js, Underscore.js, Backbone.js, CasperJS, greensock
These duties and responsibilities are indicative and not exhaustive but serve to give a realistic overview of the role and requirements. The company reserves the right to change this role description in response to the changing needs of the business.
At Dazed Media we promote a working environment in which diversity is recognised, valued and encouraged. We acknowledge the multicultural and diverse nature of the UK workforce and society in general. We are committed to principles of fairness and mutual respect. We particularly welcome applicants from those who are significantly underrepresented in our sector.