Job Title: Film Producer
Department: Dazed Studio / Production
Reporting to: Head of Production
Dazed Media is the world’s leading independent fashion and culture media brand.
Thirty years ago Jefferson Hack and Rankin Waddell set up a magazine that would become a
movement: Dazed & Confused. The title became a lightning rod for cultural provocation – radically
reframing international style culture. Today, we are an agenda-setting publishing powerhouse and
the most efficient way to reach the world’s most influential audiences.
Dazed Media powers an ever-evolving network of premium digital channels and iconic print titles
including Dazed, AnOther and Another Man
The company also encompasses a pioneering creative studio, award-winning video production,
exclusive events, industry-leading talent network and efficient third-party distribution. Dazed Studio
specialises in fashion, luxury and lifestyle communications. We partner with the world’s most
ambitious brands and agencies to create brave, pioneering ideas for a global influencer
Select clients: Alexander McQueen, Apple, Beats by Dre, Belstaff, Burberry, Chanel, Channel 4,
Converse, Diesel, Google, Gucci, Liberty, LVMH, Mercedes-Benz, Miu, Miu, Nike, Ray-Ban,
Samsung, Sonos, Swarovski, YouTube Music.
The Film Producer works under the supervision of the Head of Production and with the various
creative and production teams across Dazed Media to help oversee and coordinate our varied
international slate of partnership and commercial projects as well as in-house commissions.
You will be responsible for overseeing our videos from a production perspective from ideation to
delivery with a keen eye on budgets and schedules. You will be based in the Dazed Media office,
but act as a primary contact and support for external production companies as well as liaise with
clients and partners.
You should have a background in or knowledge of production and be able work alone as well as be
a key member of a small team. You will be able to work across multiple concurrent projects of
varying size and complexity.
Duties, Responsibilities & Deliverables
● Support the Head of Production in terms of driving the production agenda across the
● Co-ordinate any pre-production meetings as required and ensure deadlines are adhered to
● Development and management of production and post production logistics
● Manage production teams and suppliers
● Understanding of basic video production contracts
● Review and optimise workflow to improve efficiency
● Prepare and oversee detailed production budgets with the Head of Production; oversee
● Coordinate detailed documentation of all quotes and costings
● Be commercially minded and help maximise profitability on each project
● Work with the finance team to ensure projects are managed efficiently
H&S (Health & Safety):
● Understanding of Health & Safety Management Systems and policies
Desired Skills & Experience:
● A collaborative individual who is able to bring solutions
● Must have experience in a production agency environment or production company,
hold strong project management and budgeting skills
● Passionate about Dazed Group
● Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
● Be self-starting and positive
● Excellent attention to detail
● Organised and meticulous with detail and able to juggle numerous tasks
● Experience of negotiation useful
● Must be comfortable being client facing
These duties and responsibilities are indicative and not exhaustive but serve to give a realistic overview of the role and requirements.
The company reserves the right to change this role description in response to the changing needs of the business.
At Dazed Media we promote a working environment in which diversity is recognised, valued and encouraged. We acknowledge the
multicultural and diverse nature of the UK workforce and society in general. We are committed to principles of fairness and mutual
respect. We particularly welcome applicants from those who are significantly underrepresented in our sector.
To apply please email email@example.com with "Film Producer" at the title stating your notice period/availability and salary expectations.