Data Analyst (3 month Fixed Term)
Job Title: Data Analyst (3 Month Fixed Term Contract)
Department: Digital Media Operations
Reporting to: Digital Media Operations Director
Dazed Media has invested in its data capture and audience insight capabilities recently, and needs a mid-level analyst to help launch and deliver regular data analysis reports. This is an exciting opportunity for an analyst to shape the data related operations of a global publishing company, including the delivery of all monthly/weekly reports from a new audience insight DMP, GA, Data Studio and link insights to both a new single customer view database and Google Ad Manager.
Duties, Responsibilities & Deliverables
- Owning the insight creation process from our new DMP, providing reports into each segment for commercial and editorial teams on a regular basis.
- Working with the Director of Media Ops on the monetisation of audience insight with third party agencies and through Google Ad Manager.
- Answering commercial and strategy team queries around audience insight for responding to briefs.
- Maintain and develop Dazed Media’s internal data reports, structures and processes across site, social and video, providing regular and ad hoc insights, as directed by Head of Digital and Audience.
- Implement, audit, and maintain Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics tracking and solutions, including set-up and documentation of Google Tag Manager (dataLayer variables and events) and Google Analytics (dimensions, metrics, events, and agreed goals)
- Support Head of Digital with Dazed Media's company-wide SEO strategy, running reports across multiple data sources and tools, and performing on-site maintenance.
- To use insights from our data to provide revenue opportunities across email and video products.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience of using a DMP, Google Analytics and Data Studio, Google Tag Manager, and Google Ad Manager to produce reports, analyse trends and track performance across multiple properties.
- Experience of working on email database insights guiding teams on which course of action will deliver best performance
- Good working knowledge of Excel, Data Studio and PPT/Keynote for onward presentations
- A strong mathematical mind with an ability to solve data queries logically and clearly
- Knowledge of SEO basics and tools (SEMrush, Ahrefs) desirable.
- Knowledge of Shareablee, Crowdtangle and in-platform social analytics tools desirable.
- Strong organisational skills, with the initiative to bring new ideas to the team.
- Good experience of turning complex data into easily understandable and workable visuals for non-specialist colleagues
- Appreciation for creative challenges and their relationship to data outcomes
These duties and responsibilities are indicative and not exhaustive but serve to give a realistic overview of the role and requirements. The company reserves the right to change this role description in response to the changing needs of the business.
At Dazed Media we promote a working environment in which diversity is recognised, valued and encouraged. We acknowledge the multicultural and diverse nature of the UK workforce and society in general. We are committed to principles of fairness and mutual respect. We particularly welcome applicants from those who are significantly underrepresented in our sector.
To apply please email email@example.com with "Data Analyst" in the subject - please let us know your salary expectations, whether you have the right to work in the UK and current notice period.