Commercial Partnerships Director, NOWNESS
Job Title: Commercial Partnerships Director
Dazed Media is an independent media group renowned for producing award winning stories across its industry leading print, digital and video brands. The company’s portfolio includes some of the world’s most influential titles including AnOther, Another Man, and Dazed. The company’s newest division, Dazed Studio creates innovative brand campaigns across the luxury and lifestyle sectors. Based in London and formed in 1991 its founders are Jefferson Hack and Rankin Waddell.
NOWNESS is a global platform for the culturally curious, creating and curating the best in video content. Providing an inimitable lens on Architecture, Design, Fashion, Art, Travel, Food and Lifestyle, NOWNESS has set the standard for what excellence in digital storytelling looks like for nearly a decade. Collaborating with the best directors in visual culture, NOWNESS films break new ground in terms of themes, approach and execution cutting through noise and garnering global critical acclaim.
Select clients: Adidas, Alexander McQueen, Apple, Audi, Beats by Dre, Burberry, Chanel, Converse, Diesel, Gucci, LVMH, Mercedes-Benz, Nike, Pangaia, Samsung, Swarovski.
About the role:
Dazed Media are hiring a Commercial Partnerships Director to head up commercial partnerships for Nowness with the world’s leading luxury brands, and to work with the senior management team of both Dazed and Modern Media in China to help drive the business forward.
We are seeking someone passionate and commercially focused who will work closely with Nowness’ Creative Director and Managing Director to continue to drive scale and value. This is an opportunity to help direct the future shape of the business.
There is a strong focus on commercial strategy, proactively sourcing and acquiring new business, leading the process from RFP to pitch and throughout the sales cycle. This will be a great opportunity to develop our commercial offering and drive our brand positioning. Global growth will be a priority, expanding existing business but also developing new opportunities globally, working in close partnership with co-owners Modern Media.
The Commercial Partnerships Director will inspire the whole team and be involved in creating a vision for our business growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and maintain a portfolio of luxury brands and build a personal relationship with key decision makers.
- Build a strong relationship with the Nowness team, primarily with the creative director and video commissioners, in order to communicate effectively their ideas and extract what is required for client pitches.
- Work on global projects with the Nowness China and Nowness Asia teams
- Oversee and work closely with our agents in Paris and Milan
- Oversee and work closely and collaboratively with the Project Manager
- Identify commercial opportunities within client base, updating them on future plans and services within the company to ensure year on year sales are built upon.
- Strong understanding of all aspects of key clients’ marketplace and business to inform creative strategy.
- Pick up on any previously generated leads of briefs, work with Nowness team to give client’s solutions that work for their brand, presenting ideas in the most effective way and being able to close pitches
- Work with the Nowness team and Dazed Media Studio to develop client-facing sales collateral to outline editorial or bespoke opportunities for the entire sales team.
- Work closely with the Co-Founder and key editorial team to commercialise bigger editorial initiatives.
- Establish a target client base for these projects and leading the sales drive to make sure the right partner is found.
- New business generation - keep an eye out on the market to identify any key new business
- Inspire and spearhead sales teams’ partnerships efforts and development, supporting them in senior meetings and ideas generation.
- Live projects - ensure partner contract terms and deliverables are adhered to and delivered.
- Debrief clients on closed projects, ensuring that thorough PCAs are completed, presented and Y2 plan is outlined.
- Develop personal strategy for partnership growth and liaise with necessary departments and teams to identify areas of development.
Skills, experience and personal attributes
- An expert in digital media, ideally video, with strong experience in the branded content space + strong working knowledge of digital reporting metrics.
- Excellent working knowledge of all platforms, to ensure our digital offering can integrate with other traditional media.
- Interest and experience in new technologies desirable (VR, AR, AI etc)
- Experience and proven ability in delivering robust and profitable creative solutions to clients
- Proven track record in creating and delivering partnerships
- A personal network of high profile clients
- Enthusiasm and passion for Dazed’s editorial platforms and products, in particular Nowness
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent communicator
- Thrives in a fast paced highly creative environment with ability to work under pressure
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Super organised and meticulous with detail and able to juggle numerous tasks
These duties and responsibilities are indicative and not exhaustive but serve to give a realistic overview of the role and requirements. The company reserves the right to change this role description in response to the changing needs of the business.
At Dazed Media we promote a working environment in which diversity is recognised, valued and encouraged. We acknowledge the multicultural and diverse nature of the UK workforce and society in general. We are committed to principles of fairness and mutual respect. We particularly welcome applicants from those who are significantly underrepresented in our sector.