Brand Partnerships Director
About the role: Brand Partnerships Director
Reporting to: Commercial Director
Terms: Full-time, permanent role, hybrid working, Monday-Friday 09:30am-18:00pm
Location: Office located just off Strand, London WC2
Dazed Media is the world’s leading independent fashion and culture media brand. Thirty years ago, Jefferson Hack and Rankin Waddell set up a magazine that would become a movement: Dazed & Confused. The title became a lightning rod for cultural provocation – radically reframing international style culture. Today, we are an agenda-setting publishing powerhouse and the most efficient way to reach the world’s most influential audiences.
Dazed Media powers an ever-evolving network of premium digital channels and iconic print titles including Dazed, AnOther, Another Man, Hunger and Nowness.
The company also encompasses a pioneering creative studio, award-winning video production, exclusive events, industry-leading talent network and efficient third-party distribution. Dazed Studio specialises in fashion, luxury and lifestyle communications. We partner with the world’s most ambitious brands and agencies to create brave, pioneering ideas for a global influencer community.
Select clients: Alexander McQueen, Apple, Beats by Dre, Belstaff, Burberry, Chanel, Channel 4, Converse, Diesel, Google, Gucci, Liberty, LVMH, Mercedes-Benz, Miu, Miu, Nike, Ray-Ban, Samsung, Sonos, Swarovski, YouTube Music.
Key senior member of the commercial team responsible for driving revenue growth and
managing client direct as well as media agency relationships with a focus on selling
across Dazed Media.
With a focus on digital partnerships, digital display and creative services and events, this
role provides an exciting opportunity to join Dazed during an exciting growth period with
huge room for personal development and the chance to work across categories.
The purpose of this role is to grow revenue by proactively identifying and converting
revenue leads and seeking new business opportunities. The Dazed team delivers an
exceptional consultative service to our clients; direct and through agency contacts, crafting
multi-platform solutions leveraging our branded content, strategy, creative consultation,
video production, event, insight and distribution expertise.
As a Brand Partnerships Director at Dazed it is essential you have an understanding and
appreciation of how brand strategy, content, fashion and culture trends influence the
marketing and positioning decisions made by our clients and partners.
Duties, Responsibilities & Deliverables
● Identify opportunities with new and existing clients and proactively drive revenue for the
● Nurture excellent consultative relationships with clients through regular meetings, calls
● Represent Dazed at events promoting our portfolio to generate sales across print, digital
and multiplatform creative projects.
● Great understanding and existing background in selling co branded and white label
partnerships to client direct and media agencies
● Respond to client briefs, draft proposals and deliver pitches as required.
● Build strong collaborative relationships internally to deliver consultative advertising and
content solutions to our clients.
● Participate fully in delivering on required internal reporting, meetings and team
procedures completing administrative, financial and client relationship management
tasks in a timely manner with excellent attention to detail and an eye on the big picture
● Maintain commercial awareness through market intelligence and keeping up to date with
developments, innovations and industry or sector trends
● Maintain awareness of competitor activities and projects innovations considering
implications for Dazed and our clients
● Achieving revenue targets
Desired Skills & Experience
● Proven significant experience at a similar level working in an agency, publisher or in
media sales is essential.
● Excellent track record in consistently meeting targets and driving revenue growth.
● Experience of digital sales and multiplatform sales essential.
● A digital native with a working understanding of the digital advertising landscape &
● Demonstrates an informed understanding of the key USP's of digital and mobile
● Understands campaign management and performance and takes a proactive approach
to managing digital campaigns to encourage repeat business.
● Culturally curious, business minded and engaged personality.
● You are results focused and a team player.
These duties and responsibilities are indicative and not exhaustive but serve to give a realistic overview of the role and requirements. The company reserves the right to change this role description in response to the changing needs of the business.
At Dazed Media we promote a working environment in which diversity is recognised, valued and encouraged. We acknowledge the multicultural and diverse nature of the UK workforce and society in general. We are committed to principles of fairness and mutual respect. We particularly welcome applicants from those who are significantly underrepresented in our sector.
What we offer...
● Full time role with competitive salary
● 20 days holiday + bank holidays & 3 days over the Christmas period
● Flexible working policy
● Your birthday off
● Extra days annual leave for each year of service - up to 5
● Contributory pension scheme
● Enhanced family leave benefits
● Personal development scheme
● Company discounts including gyms, popular retailers & hotels
● Company paid subscription to Medicash - contributing and sometimes covering costs of
health & wellbeing services
● Cycle to work scheme
● Ongoing social events throughout the year and frequent invites to external Dazed
● A newly refurbished office in an incredible location with exhibitions, bars and
restaurants on site
● 1 volunteer day each year
Job posted: 6th May 2022